7 Short, Simple, Snazzy Blender Cocktail Recipes2012 Dec 25 | Written by: Zye Angiwan | Tags: Blenders, Cocktails, Drinks
7 Short, Simple, Snazzy Blender Cocktail Recipes, Just the mere idea of blender cocktails may be horrifying for a lot of hardcore bartenders who pride themselves on the art of mixing drinks, which is ironic considering the boom of the power blender in cocktail bars during the 1930s.
But thanks to a resurgence in the popularity of tiki drinks and the fact that blenders really are the convenient way to crush, mix and make frosty drinks, blender cocktails are once again reappearing to chill the drinking scene, literally!
In honor of this renewed interest in these fantastic coolers and because summer is finally here, we give you not just one, but 7 awesome blender cocktail recipes you can make in your own home. Mix and serve these at a backyard barbecue, luau, theme party or simply for an afternoon of quiet peace and relaxation.
All recipes given are for one, so if you’re making big batches, just multiply by the number of people you’re serving and enjoy!
- Classic Pina Colada –nothingsays “summer” more than this classic tropical drink.
- Frozen Margarita – a constant presence on cocktail menus, margaritas are the ultimate “ladies’ drink.”
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri – combine luscious fruity flavours with the smoothness of rum.
- Bloody Mary – called “the world’s most complex cocktail,” the unique, spicy kick of a Bloody Mary has made it one of most popular cocktails.
- Mojito – mint makes for a truly refreshing cocktail.
- Chi Chi – coconuts and pineapples blended together are perfect cool-downs for hot days.
- Tequila Sunrise – made famous by various movies and songs, this Mexican classic is always as good as it looks.
Got any other ideas for blended cocktails? Let us know in the comments section below!