Affogato for Winter2014 May 02 | Written by: Sharee Narciso | Tags: Chocolate, Desserts, Drinks, Ice Cream Recipes, Vegetarian, Winter Recipes
Affogato is an Italian word meaning “drowned,” which makes perfect sense since this recipe basically involves a scoop of ice cream that is immersed in a coffee-based beverage. With a hint of espresso and Italian liqueur, this dessert is 100% for adults! Affogato is the perfect winter dessert because it has all the sweetness and flavour that we crave but still offers the elements that keep us warm and comfy when it’s cold outside.
This decadent dessert is ready in just 10 minutes! That's one easy and super delicious dessert to keep your sweet tooth happy even during the coldest of winters! Try the recipe below:
- 1000 ml strong brewed coffee
- 500 g vanilla ice cream
- 4 espresso shots
- 120 ml Amaretto
- Prepare 4 chilled mugs, cups or bowls.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on each.
- Pour 30 ml of Amaretto on top of each.
- Pour 250 ml of hot coffee on each.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!
- Other Italian liqueur can also be used, such as Frangelico
- Adjust the amount of coffee if you're using a smaller or larger serving cup or bowl
- Because of the high caffeine content and liqueur, this recipe is strictly for adults only
- Serve with biscuits, wafer sticks, or biscotti, as preffered