Anzac Biscuits Recipe for Anzac Day2013 Apr 24 | Written by: Katherine Cortes |
Anzac Biscuits Recipe for Anzac Day, It is said that Anzac biscuits were invented out of necessity, as they keep well for months and are suitable for transportation, but that doesn’t mean they’re lacking in flavour. Here we have a quick, easy recipe for chewy Anzac biscuits using staple ingredients. Serve them on Anzac Day or for morning tea.
Tip: use natural muesli instead of plain rolled oats. Sultanas or dried fruits are also a welcome addition.
- 150 g plain flour
- 90 g rolled oats
- 85 g desiccated coconut
- 155 g brown sugar
- 150 g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 160 C.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper; set aside.
- Sift flour into a large bowl.
- Add the oats, coconut and sugar and stir them together.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter, golden syrup and water over medium heat until melted.
- Mix in bicarbonate of soda.
- Add butter mixture to the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Roll the mixture into walnut-sized balls.
- Place them on the trays and flatten with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to cool and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.