Low carb at its best!2012 Nov 22 | Written by: Zye Angiwan | Tags: Finger food, Low Carb Recipes, Poultry
Low carb at its best!, Healthy and easy to make, these apple-chicken patties can be made in large batches and keep well in the freezer, cooked or raw – ideal for easy breakfasts or sumptuous brunches!
When we think of apples, we think pies, jellies, juices, tarts and other desserts. Put a new spin on traditional patties by adding this versatile fruit in this terrific low-carb recipe.
- 1 large, tart apple, peeled, cored and diced into small pieces
- 450 g ground chicken/turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground sage
- ¾ tsps ground thyme
- ½ tsp ground marjoram
- ½ tsp ground rosemary
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix sage, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, nutmeg and ¼ tsp black pepper together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the apple, salt, pepper and spice mixture.
- Add ground chicken or turkey to the spices and mix thoroughly.
- Using a wooden spatula, shape the mixture into 3-inch patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Fry patties over medium heat until browned, around 6 minutes on each side, taking care not to burn them.
- Serve while hot.