Baked Chicken in Orange Sauce2012 Nov 14 | Written by: Zye Angiwan | Tags: Dinner, Low Carb Recipes, Poultry
Baked Chicken in Orange Sauce, Enjoy the benefits that chicken can give in this recipe for tangy, delicious baked chicken in orange sauce. Those who don’t mind the extra carbs can go ahead and serve the chicken with cooked rice or noodles for a more filling meal!
If you’ve tried and liked this recipe, feel free to share your comments/suggestions below!
A low carb chicken recipe
Chicken is a general favourite for low-carb diets, as the carbohydrate count for most chicken recipes is 0 grams while protein content is high.
- 450 g chicken tenderloins
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsps orange juice
- 4 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps oyster sauce
- 1 medium ginger, minced
- 2 tsps grated orange peel
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3-4 onion leeks, chopped
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with ground pepper.
- Coat a square baking dish with cooking spray. Put the chicken in.
- In a bowl, mix the orange juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, orange peel, garlic and onion leeks.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 175C for 30 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve while hot.