Baked Spicy Kale Chips2014 Feb 08 | Written by: Sharee Narciso | Tags: Finger food, For Kids, Gluten-Free Recipes, Low Carb Recipes, Vegan Food, Vegetarian
Every so often, we forget about how good (and easy to make) kale chips are. To those who have forgotten – or who need a little variety to their usual recipe – here is a simple and quick kale chip recipe that you can wrap up in less than half an hour!
Kale chips are a healthy, yummy and easy snack to whip up in no time. Vegan or not, you're sure to enjoy this fantastic treat!
- 1 bunch of kale
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili flakes (or 2 tsps chili powder)
- salt, to taste
- Optional: cheyenne pepper or paprika
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Once rinsed and dried, remove the kales from their ribs (the tough ends) and stems.
- Tear the longer leaves to bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the kale with olive oil. You can adjust the amount of oil as preferred, since kale only needs very light coating otherwise it will get greasy and soggy.
- Sprinkle in the chili flakes (or powder) and salt.
- Line the kale pieces neatly on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the kale becomes crisp.
- Transfer to a plate and serve!
- You can use parchment paper on your baking sheet to make cleanup a breeze.
- Kale chips will easily burn, so it is important to be constantly aware of their baking.
- Dusting with cheyenne pepper or paprika after baking will create a smokier, spicier flavour.