Beef Jerky Using a Dehydrator2016 May 10 | Written by: admin | Tags: Meat
- 1kg flank steak
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey (Optional)
- 2 tsps freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsps onion powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Trim excess fat off meat. Place into a zip lock bag, remove excess air and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and cut with a sharp knife with the grain. Cut into long strips, or any desired shape.
- Place zip lock bag into a bowl, open and roll the edges over helping to keep the bag open while you add other ingredients. Place cut meat and other ingredients into the bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal bag. Place in refrigerator for 3-6 hours. The longer left in the fridge creates a bolder, stronger flavour.
- Remove meat and using a paper towel pat dry, add to dehydrator in a single layer and turn on.
- Check on the jerky throughout its process until it has reached what you are after.
- Stored best in an airtight container in the fridge.