Bread Recipe for a Low-Carb Diet2012 Nov 20 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Bread, Low Carb Recipes
Bread Recipe for a Low-Carb Diet, Although flax seed is not a grain, it still has a vitamin and mineral content similar to that of grains, with the added benefits of fibre, antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. Aside from these, flax seed contains a very low amount of carbohydrates, making it an essential part of a low-carb diet.
Have you tried making this low-carb flax bread recipe? If so, tells us how you like it in the comment section below!
Low carb flax bread
This flax bread recipe is the answer for those missing the taste of bread. Flax bread is a delicious, low-carb alternative to regular bread, with a rough texture and crunchy crust – perfect for toast with grilled cheese, a little butter or sugar-free maple syrup or as burger buns.
- 440 g flax seed meal
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-6 tsp sugar equivalent from artificial sweetener
- 5 beaten eggs
- 120 ml water
- 80 ml oil
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Combine well with eggs, water and oil.
- Let the batter set for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
- Pour batter into a greased 10 x 15 pan.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until springy or visibly browning.