Chicken, Avocado & Sundried Tomato Panini2014 Jan 21 | Written by: Samantha Jones | Tags: Bread, Poultry
Chicken, Avocado & Sundried Tomato Panini, This Chicken, Avocado & Sundried Tomato Panini is the perfect lunch time meal! Crisp, toasty and oh-so-flavoursome, it’s filling and just a little bit fancy!
This recipe combines the smooth creaminess of the avocado, with the sweet tang of the sundried tomatoes and delicious goodness of the chicken between thick cut sourdough bread. The great thing about it (and panini’s in general) is there are no hard and fast rules to the fillings. So feel free to add or change this up how you see fit, but we happen to think this particular combo is a real winner!
If you’re serious about your panini making, we highly recommend investing in a panini press! The fantastic cast-iron piece of cookware will give the bread that classic grilled-line look associated with panini sandwiches while also cooking the ingredients thoroughly and providing a brilliant crisp to the bread!
Chicken, Avocado & Sundried Tomato Panini
- 1 cooked chicken breast (approximately 250 g), sliced into pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 slices of thickly cut sourdough bread
- Salt & pepper, to season
- Olive oil
- Spread a thick layer of avocado over the 4 slices of bread.
- On 2 of the pieces, evenly distribute the cooked chicken breast and sundried tomato.
- Season with salt & pepper to your preference.
- Top both sandwiches with the remaining 2 slices of bread.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the tops of the sandwiches with olive oil.
- Place the panini press over a medium-to-high heat and allow to heat up with the pressing plate placed on the surface.
- Once sufficiently heated, remove the pressing plate and place the sandwiches in the centre of the pan.
- Place the pressing plate lightly (but firmly) over the sandwiches and allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately.