Chocolate and Raspberry Pavlova2014 Mar 14 | Written by: Sharee Narciso | Tags: Christmas, Desserts, For Kids, Vegetarian
We already did a classic pavlova recipe post in the past, but it’s good to switch things up every now and then. After all, the goodness of a well done pav isn’t just significant during Christmas time. So, to indulge in our chocolatier and more decadent cravings, we’re doing a variation here. Stick around to learn how to make your own chocolate and raspberry pavlova in just over an hour.
Chocolate and Raspberry Pavlova
Famous in both Australian and New Zealander homes, pavlova is a favourite dessert all year long. Try our simple recipe below:
- 6 egg whites
- 330 g caster sugar
- 25 cocoa powder, sifted
- 500 g mascarpone
- 50 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 240 g fresh raspberries
- 60 ml milk
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- dark chocolate curls, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Line an oven tray with baking powder. Make a 22 cm circle mark on paper.
- Grease the tray and dust with cornflour.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs using an electric mixer until you see soft peaks forming.
- Gradually add sugar, beating continuously in between.
- After the sugar is dissolved, fold in the cocoa, chocolate and vinegar.
- Spoon the mixture on the marked circle on the tray. Smoothen the top and sides of the pavlova.
- Place the pavlova in the oven, but immediately reduce the temperature to 120C.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until it is dry to touch.
- Once done, cool it off inside the oven with its door ajar.
- Transfer onto a serving plate once cooled.
- In another bowl, whisk in milk with the mascarpone until you get a soft consistency.
- Spoon the mascarpone mixture on top of the pavlova, then sprinkle with raspberries.
- Garnish with extra dark chocolate curls.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Strawberries and blueberries can also be used in place of the raspberries, although any fruit of your liking will also do.
- Do NOT microwave or freeze the pavlova.
- You can also just grate chocolate on top of the pavlova for garnish instead of using chocolate curls.