Chocolate Avocado Mousse!2013 Oct 03 | Written by: Samantha Jones | Tags: Chocolate, Gluten-Free Recipes
Chocolate Avocado Mousse!, Looking to appease your sweet tooth without being too naughty? Then this Chocolate Avocado Mousse recipe might just be for you!
A healthier-twist on a classic dessert and a great alternative if you happen to suffer from dairy or gluten intolerances, this simple recipe is free from dairy, gluten, grains and refined sugar – but tastes fantastic!
The texture of the avocado is a great alternative to the cream and eggs usually called upon to give mousse its light, airy texture and will provide your body with a great source of healthy monounsaturated fats, vitamin C and fibre at the same time!
It takes just 20 minutes to make and serves between 4 and 6 people.
Chocolate Avocado Mouse
4 - 6
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- 1/2 - 1 cup (depending on your taste preference) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of natural honey or maple syrup, depending on sweetness preference
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tblsp non-dairy milk (soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk)
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and scoop out the pulp into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder, honey, vanilla, and salt into the bowl.
- With a fork, break up the avocado and begin to mix together the ingredients.
- Tip lightly mixed ingredients into a blender and mix together thoroughly until ingredients take on a smooth, mousse like texture (you could also use a hand mixer).
- Add in milk to thin the mixture slightly.
- Serve immediately or allow to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before enjoying.