Corn Fritters!2013 Aug 20 | Written by: Samantha Jones | Tags: Barbecues, Vegetarian
Corn Fritters!, Corn Fritters are very easy to make, quick to cook and go down well as a vegetarian alternative to meat patties or as simply a tasty little appetiser or finger food to serve guests. It pairs fantastically with cheese, salsa’s, avocado and plenty of other fresh ingredients.
This recipe makes 12 generous fritters, but can be adjusted to make 16 smaller ones by using 1 tablespoon of mixture instead of 1 and 1/2.
- 420 g corn kernels, either from a can or taken from a grilled husk
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- I tblsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- ½ carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Combine corn, flour, eggs, chives, carrot and onion in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Using 1 1/2 tblsp of mixture for each fritter, place 6 separate heapings on to the pan and cook either side for 4 - 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer the first six to a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with remaining mixture to make 12.
- Allow to cool and place in an airtight container and place in fridge to chill.
- Serve with salsa's and other fresh toppings!