Creamy and filling Tiramisu2013 Sep 12 | Written by: Samantha Jones | Tags: Desserts
Creamy and filling Tiramisu, Creamy and filling, this delectable Tiramisu dessert is the very definition of indulgence.
Traditionally Italian, Tiramisu is a hit among older crowds thanks to its more adult ingredients. Meaning “pick me up” in Italian, this recipe more than lives up to its namesake thanks to the generous portions of mascarpone cheese, cream and biscuit which are called upon and accentuated by an insatiable flavour hit of coffee and Brandy (you could also use rum or Italian Marsala wine).
This recipe will serve 10 – 12 people.
NOTE: It is important to give this recipe the 4 - 5 hours it needs to set properly before serving.
- 1 1/2 cups of strong black filtered coffee
- 375 g mascarpone cheese
- 4 tblsps caster sugar
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 5 tblsps of Brandy (or your preferred flavouring)
- 36 sponge finger biscuits
- Cocoa powder (enough to cover the top to the thickness of your preference)
- Place the biscuits on a tray and lightly bake in the oven on 180C for 8 - 10 minutes, then allow to cool before use.
- Make the coffee and cool completely.
- Put the mascarpone cheese, sugar and cream into a bowl and beat until thick and creamy.
- Add the brandy and beat again till it forms a consistency similar to thick whipped cream.
- Dip each biscuit into the coffee and immediately place it into the dish. Make a single layer of these pushing them fairly closely together.
- Evenly spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the dipped biscuits.
- Add a second layer of the dipped biscuits and a final layer of the remaining mascarpone mixture, taking it right to the sides of the dish and levelling the top.
- Cover with cling wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 – 4 hours.