Crunchy Pizza Dough without Gluten2013 Jan 03 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Gluten-Free Recipes, Pizza Recipes
Crunchy Pizza Dough without Gluten, If you’re on a gluten-free diet, you know how difficult it is to find and enjoy a decent slice of pizza. A common complaint is that store-bought gluten-free pizza dough is often dried out and way more expensive than it should be, and though there are various gluten-free recipes available, it’s also equally difficult to find one that hits the right spot.
Well, this pizza dough recipe solves that problem. Crunchy and chewy, you’d be hardpressed to believe that this recipe is gluten-free. It is as good as, if not better than, regular dough that uses regular flour.
Try this gluten-free pizza dough recipe for your weekly fill of this favourite Italian dish.
Gluten-Free Pizza Dough
A recipe for gluten-free pizza dough that's chewy, crunchy and just as tasty as regular pizza dough.
One 30cm (12in) Pizza
- 3 tsp dry yeast
- 100 g brown rice flour (or gram flour or fava bean flour)
- 50 g tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered milk (or non-dairy powdered coffee creamer)
- 2 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp unflavoured gelatin
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 160 ml warm water
- 1/2 tsp sugar (or honey or agave syrup)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- In a medium bowl, beat together all ingredients on low speed.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add water as necessary, until dough resembles soft bread dough.
- Put the dough on a lightly greased 30cm (12in) pizza pan. Sprinkle generously with flour.
- Press the dough into the pan and sprinkle with more flour to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- The edges should be slightly thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Top with your choice of favourite sauce and toppings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.