Delectable Churros with Hot Chocolate Sauce2013 Sep 17 | Written by: Mary Ann de Mesa | Tags: Chocolate, Desserts, Finger food
Delectable Churros with Hot Chocolate Sauce, Indulge your sweet tooth with this delectable Churros with Hot Chocolate Sauce recipe.
Warm, crispy, sweet churros dunked in a cup of thick, delicious chocolate sauce–what’s not to like about this popular Spanish snack? Whether you want it as breakfast, an afternoon tea snack or even a midnight treat, this Churros with Hot Chocolate Sauce recipe is sure to delight your taste buds and indulge your sweet tooth!
Churros with Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 100g butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 cups milk
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together until well combined and set aside.
- Place a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk water, butter and salt together in the pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in flour.
- Mix thoroughly until flour mixture forms a ball and then set aside dough for a few minutes.
- In a large, heavy-based saucepan, heat enough oil (about 7cm deep) over medium-high heat until it reaches 180C.
- Transfer dough into a pastry/piping bag fitted with a large star-shaped nozzle.
- Using a knife or scissors to cut the dough, pipe 10cm strips of dough into the hot oil. (Make sure to pipe only 2-3 churros at a time so they won't stick together.)
- Fry until the churros become crispy and golden brown.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the churros from heat and then drain the churros for 2 minutes on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Roll the warm churros in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- To make the chocolate dipping sauce, place milk in a large saucepan and heat over medium heat making sure not to let it boil.
- Remove pan from heat, add the chopped chocolate in the pan and stir until well combined.
- Pour chocolate sauce into serving glasses or cups, and serve with the warm churros.