Double Choc Muffins!2013 Dec 27 | Written by: Samantha Jones | Tags: Desserts, For Kids, Muffins Cupcakes & Cakes
Is there anything better than a recipe that is easy to make but tastes so decadent and delicious? This Double Choc Muffins recipe fits that criteria to a tee!
Packed with melt-in-your mouth chocolatey goodness and ready to eat in a little over 30 minutes, you’d be forgiven for finding any excuse to whip these bad boys up! It is a great recipe to bake with your kids given its straightforward nature and they’ll love the yummy final product.
They are scrumptious served warm from the oven, but they will also keep for a couple of days. We highly recommend serving them warm with some vanilla ice-cream. Truly mouth-watering!
Double Choc Muffins
12 large muffins
- 2 cups (260 g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup additional chocolate chips, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12 cup muffin tray with paper cups (or grease and flour if you don't have paper cups).
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk and melted butter and then add in the oil, eggs and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and mix together for no more than 10 seconds (the batter should be visibly lumpy).
- With a rubber spatula, fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips into the batter making sure not to overwork the batter.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups generously.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate over the tops of the muffins and transfer to the oven immediately.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a fork inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to a wire rack and allow to cool for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!