Rich, Creamy Mushroom Soup2013 Jun 18 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Soups
Creamy mushroom soup is probably the most popular among the many mushroom soup recipes out there. This comforting dish is enough to satisfy your mushroom cravings and makes a great first course for dinner parties. On simpler occasions, it’s best served with salad and a good chunk of garlic bread.
Here we have an easy creamy mushroom soup recipe that’s rich and satisfying, with a delicate, creamy flavour. Try it and witness yourself reach for seconds!
Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 60 g butter
- 150 g chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 100 g chopped portobello mushrooms
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 15 g all-purpose flour
- 400 ml beef broth
- 120 ml cream
- 120 ml milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A sprinkle of nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and shallot and saute until soft and well caramelised.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in beef broth.
- Cook, stirring continuously, for 5 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
- Next, stir in the milk, cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Add a grating of nutmeg and heat through.