Easy Decadent Truffles as a Christmas Food Gift2012 Dec 04 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Christmas, Desserts
Easy Decadent Truffles as a Christmas Food Gift, We’ll start our list with these decadent truffles. Use any coating that you like, such as crushed nuts, melted chocolate for drizzling, cocoa powder or, for the little ones, sprinkles and crushed candy canes.
You can also use this recipe as a base for adding flavours and compatible coatings. Some ideas are:
- Add almond extract, roll in crushed almonds
- Add rum extract, roll in toffee bits
- Add mint oil, drizzle with green melted chocolate with mint oil added
- Add a teaspoon of instant coffee granules, roll in cappuccino powder
- Stick a milk chocolate chip in the centre, drizzle with melted white chocolate
- Stick a peanut butter chip in the centre, drizzle with melted peanut butter chips
Tell us what combination of flavours you used and how it went!
Decadent Truffles Recipe
A recipe for simple, decadent truffles perfect for the Yuletide season! This truffles recipe is easy to make and ready in an hour.
- 225 g (1 cup) cream cheese
- 375 g (1.5 cups) icing sugar, sifted
- 500 g (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Coating of your choice (ground nuts, cocoa, candy sprinkles, etc.)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually stir in icing sugar until well blended.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Roll truffles in desired coating.