Easy, Delicious Waffles2015 Sep 01 | Written by: Michaela Weber | Tags: Breakfast
Follow this easy waffle recipe using basic ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Serve for a breakfast with bacon and egg or a sweet treat in the afternoon with ice cream and fruit. Consider buying a waffle maker for this recipe to achieve the best results. Enjoy!
Makes about 12 waffles
- 2 cups of flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Mix together the egg yolks, milk, butter and vanilla essence. Pour the mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.