Paprika and Garlic Prawns Skewers with Aioli2013 Sep 13 | Written by: Mary Ann de Mesa | Tags: Barbecues, Seafood
Paprika and Garlic Prawns Skewers with Aioli, Give your favourite grilled prawns an exciting twist through this easy-to-follow Smoky Paprika and Garlic Prawns Skewers recipe. This dish of delectable prawns marinated with garlic, lemon zest and smoked paprika is an absolute delight to satisfy your barbecue cravings!
Served with aioli, these garlic prawn skewers can make a winning appetiser or main course.
Paprika and Garlic Prawns With Aioli
- 1kg large fresh prawns, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For aioli: 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 235g (1 cup) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Thread prawns onto pre-soaked wooden skewers and place skewers in a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon rind, paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the prawns and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- To make the aioli sauce, mix together mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and parsley in a separate bowl and stir.
- Pre-heat a barbecue grill plate on high and brush with some oil.
- Grill prawns for 2-3 minutes each side, or until prawns turn pink.
- Serve with the prepared aioli.