Grilled Eggplant Salad With Tomato And Feta Cheese2013 Sep 01 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Vegetarian
Grilled Eggplant Salad With Tomato And Feta Cheese, Some people say that it’s best to let the seasons dictate what ingredients to put in a salad, as fruits and vegetables that are in season can easily be enjoyed fresh and bought at a more reasonable price.
The same reasoning is applied to this tasty Grilled Eggplant Salad With Tomato And Feta Cheese. It features a spring vegetable – eggplant – tossed together with tomato and crumbled feta cheese, resulting in an exceptional side dish perfect for your spring time meals, picnics and BBQ’s.
Grilled Eggplant Salad
This grilled eggplant salad is not only light and refreshing, it also represents the ideal qualities of a salad: easy, delicious, and healthy.
- 1 large eggplant, cut crosswise into 1cm slices
- 250 g coarsely chopped tomato
- 2 tsp capers
- 30 g crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1//2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Set the grill to a low-medium heat and allow to heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Lightly coat the eggplant slices with a brush of extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the slices on a grill pan for 5 minutes per side, or until tender. Allow to cool.
- Cut eggplant slices into quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine eggplant with the rest of the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.