Healthy Wholemeal Pizza Dough Recipe2013 Jan 09 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Pizza Recipes
Healthy Wholemeal Pizza Dough Recipe, Aside from being a healthier alternative to basic pizza dough, wholemeal pizza dough also comes with an exceptional nutty texture – another way to enjoy great pizza.
This wholemeal pizza dough recipe is delicious and crispy and can be made with dried mixed herbs. This recipe goes well with chargrilled vegetables or simply your own combination of toppings.
Wholemeal Pizza Dough
Two 20-25 cm (8-10in) Pizzas
- 100 g bread flour
- 100 g wholemeal flour
- 10 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 110 ml water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients by hand.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in water and olive oil.
- Use your hands to work the ingredients together to form a soft dough.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead for 10 minutes or until dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a round ball and place in a large, lightly oiled mixing bowl.
- Cover with cling wrap.
- Set aside in a warm place for an hour or until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and punch down the centre to release air.
- Gently knead until smooth.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape into balls and cover loosely with cling wrap.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out each portion into a 20 or 25 cm (8 or 10in) round.
- Place on greased pizza trays.
- Spread with pizza sauce and top with your preferred choice of toppings.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220 C for 12-15 minutes or until crust has turned golden.