Hearty Slow-Cooked Beef Stew2013 Apr 10 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Dinner, Meat, Slow Cooker
Hearty Slow-Cooked Beef Stew, Every home cook should have at least one good throw-and-go recipe for busy mornings, such as this one. This beef stew is perfect for those have only 20 minutes to spare in the morning – it’s simple, great tasting and very meaty with its fork-tender succulent beef cubes.
By the time you come home from a long day’s work, the slow cooker’s already announcing “dinner ready!” Best served with fresh, crusty bread or hunks of cornbread.
Slow-Cooked Beef Stew
- 900 g beef stew meat, cut into small cubes
- 30 g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 350 ml beef stock
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a ziplock bag.
- Toss in the beef and shake to coat.
- Place coated beef in slow cooker.
- Stir in garlic, bay leaf, paprika, worcestershire sauce, onion, broth, potatoes, carrots and celery.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with fresh, crusty bread.
What's your go-to slow-cooked recipe?