Home-made Banana Bread Recipe2013 Jul 17 | Written by: Samantha Jones | Tags: Bread
Home-made banana bread is great for two things – eating and filling your home with a delicious baked aroma.
Simple to make, this banana bread recipe tastes great and can be served on its own, warm with butter or in true dessert fashion with a sumptuous cream cheese frosting. Its basic nature also lends itself to add-ins, with walnuts, raisin, apple and other fruits able to combine seamlessly and deliciously with that rich banana flavouring!
8 - 10
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 175C.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and bananas together with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the sugar, egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and stir through.
- Finally, add in the flour and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a rack before removing from pan and slicing to serve.