Homemade Pork Steamed Dumplings!2014 Jan 28 | Written by: Samantha Jones |
With Chinese New Year on the horizon, bring this classic Asian cuisine into the comfort of your own home with this Homemade Pork Steamed Dumplings recipe!
Tasty, flavoursome and bite-sized, this delicious dumpling recipe makes 30 and is ready in 30 minutes! It’s a perfect starter, entree and even as part of a main meal for homemade dim sum!
The pork mince mixture combines a host of scrumptious flavours that pair brilliantly with the wonton wrapping and soy sauce mixture! Easy and quick to cook, we think you’ll love making this steamed dumpling recipe!
Homemade Pork Steamed Dumplings!
- 300 g pork mince
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, chopped
- 2 tsp Chinese rice wine
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 3/4 tsp sesame oil
- 30 fresh wonton wrappers
- 1cm piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tblsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tsp white sugar
- 1 tblsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Combine mince, onion, garlic, bamboo shoot, rice wine, white pepper and oil in a bowl and season with salt.
- Place 1 tsp of the mixture into the centre of 1 wonton wrapper.
- Brush edges with water and fold wonton over to make a triangle.
- Bring base corners of triangle together and twist firmly to join.
- Line the base of a large steamer basket with baking paper and then place the dumplings in a single layer in the basket.
- Pour water into a wok until one-quarter full and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- Place steamer over wok, ensuring the base doesn't touch water.
- Steam dumplings for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and cooked through.
- Combine ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and coriander in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Serve dumplings immediately with sauce mix.