How to make delectable thin-crust pizza at home2013 Jan 22 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Pizza Recipes
Pizza time any time!
Everybody loves pizza, that’s a fact. You get lots of flavourful meat such as sausage, pepperoni, and beef, melted cheese such as the ever-present mozzarella, or whatever toppings you like. Though of course, when it comes down to taste, what makes a really good pizza is not the toppings but the crust.
One really good choice is thin-crust pizza. Among its kind, it’s probably the most popular pizza especially in countries in Europe and even the United States.
You don’t need to order out too or get in line in crowded pizza joints because you can make a delicious thin-crust pizza at home. It’s cheaper, and you can go wild over what toppings to add.
Here is the ingredients that you need and a step-by-step guide to making your own thin-crust pizza.
Homemade thin-crust pizza
Thin-crust pizza is perfect for those who want to get more taste on the sauce and toppings - meat, cheese, and veggies - but don't want to get satiated quickly because of thick crust. The dough is thin and crisp and comes with less carbs to boot.
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 175 ml of lukewarm water
- 430 g of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sauce of your choice
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- Toppings of your choice
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in the water and stir.
- Set aside and let rest for 6-8 minutes.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the bowl and mix with a spoon until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth and springy.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough, starting from the edges to the centre, until it forms a large circle. You can also roll out the dough by hand.
- Place the dough on a lightly greased pan.
- Press the dough on edges.
- Spread tomato paste onto the surface of the dough using a spoon.
- Now this is the most fun part in making your thin-crust pizza.
- Ready the toppings. These should be put on separate bowls beforehand to make sure you have accounted for everything. Sprinkle toppings on the dough.
- Bake the pizza in a preheated oven, at 260°C, for 8-12 minutes or until ready, that is, the edges have turned golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Allow the pizza to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pizza to a serving pan. This will reserve the crispiness of the crust.
- Slice and enjoy.