Indulgent Choc-Caramel Cupcakes!2013 Sep 05 | Written by: Samantha Jones | Tags: Chocolate, Desserts, Muffins Cupcakes & Cakes
Indulgent Choc-Caramel Cupcakes!, These indulgent Choc-Caramel Cupcakes are designed to tantalise your taste-buds!
The moist chocolate cupcake combined with the creamy icing and gooey caramel centre ensures every bite is a delicious experience. Ideal for morning teas, afternoon teas or for whatever occasion you can use as an excuse, these decadent cupcake treats will leave you struggling not to indulge in a second and third.
The recipe takes under an hour to make and serves 12.
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 1/2 tbsp Nestle Top 'n' Fill Caramel
- For the icing, 60 g of dark cooking chocolate
- 125 g butter
- 6 tblsp of milk
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric beater until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs in one at a team, beating each one in well before adding the next.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and buttermilk until smooth.
- Spoon two-thirds of the mixture evenly across the cups.
- Use a teaspoon to make a small indent in the centre of each cupcake and spoon 1 tsp of the caramel into the centre of each cupcake.
- Top with the remaining mixture and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted and removed clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking, in a large saucepan combine the chocolate, butter and milk over a medium heat.
- Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and beat in icing sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth, set aside in fridge to cool.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and set aside in a pan for 5 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the icing and cupcakes have both cooled down, pipe or spread the chocolate icing over each cupcake and finish with a slight drizzle of caramel on the top of each cupcake.