Lamb Leg Roast with Roasted Potatoes2013 Dec 09 | Written by: Mary Ann de Mesa | Tags: Christmas, Meat
Lamb Leg Roast with Roasted Potatoes, Roast meat recipes are always popular during the holidays, and the reasons are plenty. Delicious and aromatic, roast meat is so inviting and appealing to adults and kids alike, which makes it a family favourite on festive occasions like Christmas.
Below is an example of a truly crowd-winning Christmas roast recipe. It features mouth-watering roast leg of lamb accompanied by delicious oven-roasted potatoes. This lamb leg roast recipe is good for a group of 8 people, but you can easily alter the ingredient amounts to suit your requirements. Serve it with carrots and green beans or other vegies for a healthier meal, or make some gravy sauce from the roast drippings, too, to make it more tummy filling. Whatever your preference this Lamb Leg Roast with Roasted Potatoes won’t fail to impress, and will make people coming back for more!
Roast Leg of Lamb
1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 30 ml Dijon mustard
- 50 ml honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsps fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 1 whole leg of lamb, bone in
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- For the potatoes: 2 kg yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- In a mixing bowl, combine well the mustard, honey, garlic, chopped rosemary, ground black pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice. (You can also use a blender or food processor for this.)
- Rub the marinade evenly all over the surface of the lamb. Cover and refrigerate until ready to roast.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- In a large bowl, drizzle some oil to the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic powder and rosemary and toss to cover.
- Place the potatoes in a roasting pan and make a well in the centre.
- Sprinkle the lamb with salt and lay on top of the potatoes.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 180C and continue to roast for 1 hour, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the centre of the lamb reaches at least 63C.
- Remove the lamb from the pan. Place in a platter and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Place the potatoes in a platter, add a squeeze of lemon and sprinkle with salt. Serve with the sliced lamb.