Mildy Spicy Chicken Curry in a Slow Cooker2013 May 17 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Slow Cooker
Mildy Spicy Chicken Curry in a Slow Cooker, An exotic curry dish remains an old favourite during winter. Cooked in a slow cooker, this Asian/Caribbean cuisine fills the house with a rich, inviting smell that’s sure to make stomachs growl in hunger.
Here we have a slow-cooked mildly spicy chicken curry recipe that’s perfect no matter how rushed your time is for cooking. With a serving size of 6, it’ll leave everyone in the family satisfied.
Slow-Cooked Chicken Curry
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 420 ml light coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ tbsp cold water
- 1-1 ½ tbsp lime juice
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides and then place in a 4.5L or larger slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut milk, curry, turmeric and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and sprinkle it with half of the onions.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the curry.
- Cook, covered, on high for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Serve with rice and sprinkle with remaining onions.