Oysters Four Ways2016 Mar 02 | Written by: admin | Tags: Recipes, Seafood
How do you like your oysters? Take 1 dozen natural oysters (shucked) and flavour with these four quick and easy recipes. Tip: be careful to keep all the liquid present naturally in the oyster for all recipe styles.
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Rock Salt
- Serve 3 oysters on a bed of rock salt with lemon.
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 spring onions, sliced finely
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- Mix ginger, spring onions and soy sauce in a small bowl and drizzle over 3 oysters. Place under a hot grill. Watching at all times and grill until top of oyster has browned.
- 1/2 slice prosciutto
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Dice prosciutto and divide amongst 3 oysters. Drizzle Worcestershire sauce on top and place under a hot grill, watching at all times until prosciutto is crisp and oyster has browned.
- 1/2 tsp grated palm sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 Birds Eye chilli, finely diced (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 spring onion or Coriander, sliced finely to garnish
- Mix palm sugar, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, chilli and lime juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over 3 natural oysters and garnish with spring onions and/or coriander.