Pan-Fried Breaded Tilapia2013 Mar 27 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Seafood
Pan-Fried Breaded Tilapia, Pan-fried fish is always a great option when you have only several minutes to prepare and serve dinner. Moist but with a slightly crunchy crust, a simple pan-fried fish recipe never fails to satisfy.
This recipe for pan-fried breaded tilapia is best served on a bed of white rice with green salad or a bowl of rice pilaf. When preparing the breading, add your own choice of seasoning in the flour, such as paprika, onion powder or garlic powder, as desired.
Pan-fried breaded tilapia
- 4 (115 g) tilapia fillets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 60 g all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Rinse the fillets thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle both sides of fillet with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish and dredge fillets in flour.
- Shake off excess coating.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fillet and cook for around 4 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Brush melted butter onto the fillets at the last minute before removing from the skillet.
- Serve immediately.