Poached Salmon with Sorrel Cream Sauce2013 Mar 27 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Seafood
Poached Salmon with Sorrel Cream Sauce, Ideal for your next party menu, this poached salmon with sorrel cream sauce looks fancy and takes only several minutes to prepare.
Serve with vegetables or peeled boiled potatoes for a full meal.
- 450-700 g salmon fillets
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 120 ml water
- A few slices of yellow onion
- Several sprigs of fresh dill and parsley
- 600 g sorrel, cut into thin strips
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 120 ml heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- A pinch of cayenne and nutmeg
- Place wine, water, onion, dill and parsley in a saute pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add salmon fillets, skin-side down to the pan.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- For the sorrel cream sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add sorrel and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, for 2-3 minutes or until sorrel is melted to a puree.
- Stir in the cream and simmer for another 2-3 minutes while adding salt and pepper, cayenne and nutmeg.
- Serve poached salmon with the thickened sauce in a warm platter.