Succulent Roast Beef and Veggies Recipe2013 Aug 13 | Written by: Mary Ann de Mesa | Tags: Meat, Slow Cooker, Winter Recipes
Succulent Roast Beef and Veggies Recipe, Roast beef is always a perfect dish to serve for a special Sunday dinner. With its succulent and flavourful meat, adults and kids alike would find it hard to resist. Ideal for a family or a group of people to feed, roast beef won’t only satisfy your hunger but will also give you comfort on a cold weekend night.
There are different ways to cook roast beef. But if you want to ensure that the meat gets really tender and the inside is evenly cooked, there is no better method than slow cooking. Below is a sample roast beef recipe using a slow cooker. You can choose the amount of vegetables to add in the dish, and the thickness of the sauce or gravy to make for serving. By serving it with veggies and any of your favourite sides, you can create a great winter meal for your family or house guests to enjoy. So good luck!
Slow Cooker Roast Beef and VegetablesMary Ann de Mesa
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1.2 kg beef blade roast
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 60ml dry white wine
- 2 tsps. wholegrain mustard
- 1 cup (250 ml) beef stock
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 300 g potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 tsp. of fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup green peas
- pepper, to taste
- In a large frypan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add beef. Cook for five minutes, turning occasionally, or until brown on all sides. Remove from pan and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan. Toss garlic and onion, cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Pour wine into the pan. Gently boil until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add beef stock and mustard. Stir until well combined.
- Remove mixture from heat. Carefully pour over roast beef in the slow cooker.
- Place carrots, potatoes and fresh thyme in the cooker. Add a pinch of pepper to taste.
- Cover the slow cooker and set it to low. Cook for 7-8 hours, or until meat becomes tender.
- Stir in green peas. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve sliced roast beef with vegetables and sauce.