Spicy Roast Chicken Drumsticks2014 Jan 15 | Written by: Samantha Jones | Tags: Barbecues, Finger food, Poultry
Spicy Roast Chicken Drumsticks, This Spicy Roast Chicken Drumsticks recipe is a great one to have in your arsenal year round! Whether served on a hot summers day with salad, or on a chilly winter evening with roast vegetables, this tasty chicken drumsticks recipe will go down a treat! They are also incredibly delicious served cold at a picnic!
This recipe calls for 12 chicken drumsticks, but don’t be afraid to expand and decrease the recipe quantities to suit your requirements, it’s a very versatile recipe that is particularly ideal for when you have a lot of mouths to feed!
Ready in under an hour, this is a recipe both you and the kids will love!
Spicy Roast Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/2 cup of butter
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 whole chicken drumsticks
- Preheat the oven to 220C and line a large baking tray with foil.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and then add the lemon juice, salt, black pepper, cayenne and garlic and stir then set aside.
- Rinse and pat the chicken drumsticks dry.
- Using metal tongs, dip them one at a time in the mixture and place on the prepared tray.
- Once all are coated and on the tray, use a pastry brush to give them one last coating of the spice mixture.
- Place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove them when they are golden brown and full cooked.
- Serve immediately or enjoy cold!