Sumptuous Grilled Lobster with Garlic-Parsley Butter2014 Jan 22 | Written by: Samantha Jones | Tags: Seafood
As far as seafood goes, lobster is the cream of the crop. Recognised as a more decadent member of the seafood family, the sumptuous meat is perfect for the hot weather and whether enjoyed as a main or a starter is always a treat!
This sumptuous Grilled Lobster with Garlic-Parsley Butter recipe makes the most of the crustaceans tantalising flavours and is cooked via a flash-grill method and then poached in its own shell in a sea of melted garlic parsley butter!
The garlic and parsley butter mix is a fantastic accompaniment to the lobster meat that will leave your taste buds singing out for me! We recommend pairing the lobster with a fresh, leafy green salad!
Grilled Lobster with Garlic-Parsley Butter
- 60 g (4 tblsp) of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tblsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp red chillie flakes, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, fines chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 lobster
- Cracked salt and pepper, to season
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, parsley, chillie flakes, garlic, lemon, zest, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Using a cleaver, split lobster in half and lengthwise through its head and tail.
- Scoop out and discard the yellow-green tomalley and break off the claws.
- Transfer lobster halves shell side down to a baking sheet.
- Crack claws and place them on the baking sheet also.
- Drizzle the lobster halves with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a charcoal grill (or set a gas grill to high) and bank coals (or turn off burner on one side).
- Place lobster halves flesh side down and claws on the hottest part of the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Flip lobster halves over and spoon the garlic and parsley butter mixture over the lobsters.
- Continue grilling for a further 3 to 5 minutes or until lobster meat is tender.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!