Tender and Juicy Beef Pot Roast2013 Jul 03 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Meat, Pressure Cooker
Tender and Juicy Beef Pot Roast, Add this home-style beef pot roast to your ever-growing list of pressure cooker recipes. In just an hour, the roast is rendered juicy and tender, and you can pair it with mashed potatoes and nice gravy that’s thickened from the juice. Yum!
Add carrots and potatoes as desired.
Beef Pot Roast
- 1.35 – 1.8 kg beef chuck roast
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 960 ml beef broth
- Trim the excess fat from roast.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, seasoned salt, pepper and paprika.
- Rub the mixture on all sides of the meat.
- In a pressure cooker, mix seasoned beef with onion, garlic and beef stock.
- Lock the lid in place and cook on high setting for 50-60 minutes.
- Bring down pressure and open cooker.
- Check if the meat is tender and at least 60 C in the centre when tested with a meat thermometer.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes, if needed.
Try making this beef pot roast in a pressure cooker for dinner and send us your feedback!