Vegetarian Recipe: Garlic-Flavoured Vegetable Stir-Fry2013 Feb 04 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Stir Fry, Vegetarian
Vegetarian Recipe: Garlic-Flavoured Vegetable Stir-Fry, The beauty of a stir-fry dish is that there are no hard-and-fast rules about what particular vegetables to use. Grab the vegetables you have in stock or make use of fresh, seasonal ingredients. Complement it with the right sauce, and voila, a quick, healthy dinner!
This vegetable stir-fry, for instance, can easily be modified depending on what you have in stock. Try subbing in other veggies such as Chinese mushrooms, red capsicums, spinach, celery or cabbage or adding tofu. For those who demand meat in their dish, you can use chicken breasts. Consider adding chilli paste or crushed red pepper flakes for those who enjoy a little spiciness.
The whole dish is light, and its mild ginger-flavoured sauce is definitely a keeper.
Garlic-Flavoured Vegetable Stir-Fry
A light vegetable stir-fry with a mild ginger flavour. This dish is perfect as a healthy, last-minute meal!
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger root, divided
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 30 g snow peas
- 90 g julienned carrots
- 55 g halved green beans
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 40 g chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, mix together cornstarch, garlic, 1 tsp ginger, and 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add broccoli, snow peas, carrots and green beans and toss lightly to coat.
- In a large wok, heat the remaining oil over medium heat.
- Add the prepared vegetables and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in soy sauce and water.
- Stir in the onion, salt and remaining ginger.
- Continue to cook until vegetables are tender yet still crisp.