Warm and Filling Pumpkin Risotto!2013 Jul 02 | Written by: Samantha Jones | Tags: Risottos & Rice, Vegetarian, Winter Recipes
Fill up while warming up with this delicious Pumpkin Risotto recipe!
A great winter feed, the recipe impresses with its hearty pumpkin flavour that combines brilliantly with the arborio rice and parmesan cheese to create that classic risotto ‘sticky’ finish.
For the vegetarian among you, simply opt for vegetable stock over chicken stock and you have yourself a fantastic vegetarian dish option as well!
- 15 g butter
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup diced butternut pumpkin
- 3 - 4 cups of hot stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter and oil together.
- Add in onion and garlic and gently cook.
- Stir in the rice until it is coated in the oil mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in pumpkin and stir.
- Pour 1 cup of hot stock in and stir at a simmer until the liquid is almost absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding stock one cup at a time until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, this should take approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and seasoning.
- Serve immediately.