Warming, Healthy Chicken Noodle Soup2013 Jun 24 | Written by: Katherine Cortes | Tags: Soups, Winter Recipes
Chicken noodle soup is a staple among many households. Warming, healthy and delicious, it’s a perfect soup for the cold months and is also a popular remedy made by fussy mums for those who’re feeling under the weather.
Here’s an old-fashioned chicken noodle soup recipe that’ll bring back those nostalgic memories of being taken care of and mum stirring a fantastic-smelling pot in the kitchen.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 tsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 160 g chopped onion
- 120 g chopped celery
- 120 g sliced carrots
- 225 g uncooked chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1.7 l chicken broth
- 430 ml vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and garlic pepper, to taste
- 110 g egg noodles
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute garlic, onion, celery and carrots.
- Add the chicken, broth, basil, oregano, poultry seasoning, thyme and salt and pepper to the pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pot, cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- Add the noodles to the soup and simmer for 10 minutes.