White Bean Potato Soup2014 May 07 | Written by: Sharee Narciso | Tags: Soups, Winter Recipes
White Bean Potato Soup, If you’ve noticed, we’ve been preparing for the coming winter with our recent recipes and posts – and all for good measure! We’re keeping this up today with this white bean potato soup recipe – a great way to keep warm and cosy during the coldest months without too much hassle.
White Bean Potato Soup
Try out this super easy soup recipe and get prepped for the coming winter!
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 850 g white beans
- 4 pancetta slices
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 L low-salt chicken stock
- 3 tsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tbsps olive oil
- Over medium-low heat, heat a saucepan. Add 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add garlic cloves and leek. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beans (rinsed and drained) and potato. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat up to high, then add stock. With the lid on, bring to a boil. Let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Pour half of the mixture into your food processor until completely smooth. Return to the saucepan.
- Add lemon juice and thyme to the pan.
- Bring the pan back to heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then, take the rest of the oil and heat in a frying pan over high heat.
- Here, cook the pancetta for 2 minutes. Once crisp, set them aside over a paper towel to drain. Break pancetta into pieces.
- Ladle the soup into your serving bowls. Garnish with pancetta pieces on top.
- Season with pepper if desired. Serve and enjoy!
- For this dish, all-purpose potatoes are best used, like sebago potatoes
- Canned beans like Cannellini beans are good to go, although dried beans are ideal too, as long as you soak them in cold water for at least 5 hours
- For international cooks, the haricot bean is a good alternative (US or UK), and so is the adzuki bean (East Asia)
- Serve this soup as a starter, together with some bread or simply lemon wedges