Yoghurt and Fruit Parfait2012 Nov 16 | Written by: Zye Angiwan | Tags: Desserts, Low Carb Recipes
You can easily make this parfait at home to take as a healthy snack to work/school, or you can have it as dessert to finish off a delightful meal. Take advantage of fresh, in-season strawberries and blueberries and experiment by using different flavours of yoghurt every time.
What yoghurt flavours and fruits go well together? Tell us in the comments section below!
An easy low carb dessert
Get your daily dose of calcium, vitamins and minerals the yummy way with this low-carb recipe for a yoghurt and fruit parfait.
- 340 g fat-free yoghurt in preferred flavour
- 80 g fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 80 g fresh blueberries
- 30 g puffed wheat, kamut or millet cereal
- Put 3-4 spoonfuls of the yoghurt into a container.
- Add half the strawberries.
- Layer with a few more spoonfuls of yoghurt.
- Add half the puffed wheat, kamut or millet cereal.
- Spread another layer of yoghurt on top.
- Add half the blueberries.
- Layer yoghurt over the berries.
- Repeat until all ingredients have been used up.
- Serve immediately.